Import of CSV format files
How do I use the csv import capability in Icepak to import geometry from CSV files?
Here're the steps you have to take (thx, Jay, for typing this up)
1. Create a CVS file from the Flotherm summary table by copying and
pasting into excel. One trick here is to set "Use Global Coordinates"
within Flotherm. If you don't do this, objects that were defined using
Local coordinated or objects that were relocated with assemblies will
not be transferred to the correct "global" location.
2. Within Excel, sort the file by Type (flotherm object types).
3. Delete the assemblies and any other objects that you don't wish to
4. Add two blank rows between each object type section.
5. Above each object section, and a # and the type of Icepak object you
wish to import. For example, the section for blocks would have # block
as its header.
6. For 2D objects, you'll need to determine which direction has no
thickness and add an new column which contains the following data:
0: for x-direction no thickness
1: for y-direction no thickness
2: for z-direction no thickness
7. Now, save the file in cvs format.
8. Open Icepak, start a new job, and ensure that the length units
correspond to those in the cvs file.
9. Go to the File pulldown and select Import -> CVS/Excel.
10. Browse to locate the file and select it.
11. Icepak will now open a window that has loaded the data from the
header (# type) to the blank row. The Row import options dialog will
list the data in columns, with a pulldown at the top of each column.
12. Specify that you have 1 header row or 2 header rows to remove any
lines that do not contain object specific data. From Flotherm, the
first set of objects may have 2 header rows, the first the # type and
the second the name, xs, etc..
13. Next, using this pulldown above each column, select the variable
that you want the column data to be loaded as in Icepak. For example,
Flotherm prisms will have Xs, Ys, Zs, and then Xd, Yd, and Zd. Use
ignore for any data not required in Icepak
14. Now click "Import" and Icepak will create all the objects using the
data mapped as designated by you.
15. A new Row import options dialog will appear for each set of data
contained in your cvs file. Just repeat steps 12 through 14 until all
the object types have been imported.