How to display cells with high turbulent viscosity ratio?
Often times during your simulation you will see a message that turbulence viscosity ratio
has exceed the upper limit (default 1e+5) in a certain number of cells. Do the following
to locate these cells. Once you locate these cells, you might be able to figure out the
cause of why turbulence viscosity is exceeding the limit in these cells.
1) Go to Adapt->Iso-Value
2) Under "Iso-Value of" select turbulence and below that turbulent viscosity ratio
3) Under "Iso-min" select a value just smaller than the upper limit that is being
reached by the turbulent viscosity ratio. E.g. if the default upper limit of
turbulent viscosity ratio is 1E+5 the select 99999 as "iso-min"
4) Under "Iso-max" select a value larger than the upper limit that is being
reached by the turbulent viscosity ratio. E.g. 100001
5) Click on mark
6) Click on Manage
7) In the new panel that opens ("Manage Adaption Registers" panel) select the new register
created and click on Display.
You will now see all the cells with turbulence viscosity ratio between 99999 and 100001
displayed by red dots in the graphics panel.
8) If you want to display the grid along with the cells, click on the Options button
in the "Manage Adaption Registers" panel anc click on draw grid then select
the required surfaces in the Grid Display panel that will pop up and click Display.