POLYFLOW - "Polydata not licensed" / "Polyflow not licensed" ? What could be done and checked?
When this happens, what should be done or checked?
This could often be a licensing issue, which should be regarded onthe same way as for other Fluent products, and sould be solved locally.
The typical message "Polydata not licensed" / "Polyflow not licensed" would indicate that a valid licence has not been found.
It should be checked at first whether the user can run POLYMAT. Beyond that, a few hints:
- how has it been installed?
- the command lmstat should allow the user to know what the licence server does,
- the file license.log should also provide some information as well,
- check the number of tokens in the licence,
- check the contents of possible aliases,
- check the environment variable.
- most probably the environment variable for POLYFLOW should be FLUENTLM_LICENSE_FILE (instead of LM_LICENSE_FILE)
- it should be interesting to have a look at the installation FAQs, in particular those on the page <a target=_blank href="http://www.fluentusers.com/support/installation/unixfaq/index.htm">http://www.fluentusers.com/support/installation/unixfaq/index.htm</a>http://www.fluentusers.com/support/installation/unixfaq/index.htm
- it could be a communication issue between the machine of the user and the license server
- it is possible that the user is running an outdated licence library (liblic...): here, what is the contents of the directory .../Fluent.Inc/license:<arch_type>/ ?
- defining the 'LICENSING_INFO' environment variable may also provide additional details