ANSYS Fluent: Best practices for surface tension dominated flows to reduce the spurious currents at the interface
1. Patch with some diffused interface: Increase/decrease the height of liquid layer a bit, so that it cuts the cell by half, set the rpvar (rpsetvar 'patch/vof? #t). This is for better smoothing of volume fraction.
2. Change the number of smoothing to 2.
3. Disable the implicit body force.
4. Use the vof scheme "Compressive" instead of Geo-Recon.
5. Use PISO (pressure urf : 0.7, momemtum urf: 0.4)
Please find the attached case file for reference