Customer receives an exception error pointing to the Wish executable on a Windows 64-bit Itanium when he tries to bring up the ANSYS 8.1 Launcher by clicking Start->Programs->ANSYS 8.1->Configure ANSYS Products.
ANSYS launches OK from a command prompt or when he picks Start->Programs->ANSYS 8.1->ANSYS.
What causes this error? What can be done to fix the Launcher?
This is a known defect with the ansinfo.dll file. It was linked with an older version of FLEXlm.
The user needs to download a new version of the ansinfo.dll.
Have customer perform the following:
1. Go to <a target=_blank href="ftp.ansys.com">ftp.ansys.com</a>ftp.ansys.com
Password: <user's email address>
2. Change to directory pubarchiveansinfowin64
3. Download file: ansinfo.dll.safe
4. Under c:Program filesansys incv81commonfileslauncherlibwin64
rename the ansinfo.dll to ansinfo.dll.old.
5. Save the downloaded ansinfo.dll.safe file to the above directory and rename it to ansinfo.dll