How to define an interior mesh surface in ICEM CFD for later post-processing use in CFX-Post?
1. ICEM CFD Tetra: Mesh --> Global Mesh Size --> Define Thin Cut
2. ICEM CFD Hexa, 2 alternatives
a. Create two volume parts:
1. Define two volume parts on either side of the interior surface
2. CFX-Pre: Define one domain based on both fluid parts
3. CFX-Post: Create User Surface --> Method: Offset = 0 --> Select interior face
b. Only one volume part. Works in old ICEM CFD GUI only!
1. Project interior face to post-processing surface
2. Write multiblock mesh
3. Display: Subfaces
4. Edit mesh --> Edit subfaces --> Split (select interior faces)
5. Convert to unstructured mesh: File --> Utilities --> structured --> unstructured
6. Export to cfx5
7. CFX-Pre: Duplicate node check has to be activated!
8. CFX-Post: Create User Surface --> Method: Offset = 0 --> Select interior face
3. ICEM CFD Mesh Editor: Edit Mesh --> Split interior face; works for tet-elements only in ICEM CFD 5.1. ICEM CFD is going to extend capability for hexahedral elements in future release