Workbench Graphics Performance (Pan, Zoom, Rotate) is slow with an nVidia Quadro FX graphics board.
This issue has been observed on the nVidia Quadro FX 4400 graphics board. However, it may be applicable to all graphics cards with the Quadro FX chipset .
Also, the system in which the card is installed seems to have be a significant factor in card performance.
The user should try the following:
1. Download and install the latest graphics driver from the nVidia website.
2. Set Resolution no greater than 1280x1024
3. Set Hardware Acceleration to High.
Right click on Windows background > Display Properties > Settings Tab > Advanced > nVidia tab > OpenGL Settings
4. Set Z-Buffer acceleration to High.
5. Set Vertical Sync to Off by default
6. In the Graphics Properties > Nvidia tab > OpenGL settings > Select application
Set this to "SolidWorks" or "Ansys". (DesignSpace/Workbench graphics are very similar to SolidWorks.)
7. Windows XP has Control Panel settings for "Performance" that disables fade effects, smooth scroll, etc.