Customer clicks on the download link for ANSYS 11.0 products and it opens up the download box. There is no option to save the file. As soon as the download is complete, the box disappears, and an empty WinZip window appears. There is no trace of the file in any of the Temp folders.
Why is he not able to download the files?
In this case the customer had to do the following:
1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Folder Options.
3. Click the File Types tab.
4. Scroll down to and click the .zip extension.
5. Click Advanced.
6. Verify that Confirm open after download is selected.
This worked, and the Save As dialog box then appeared.
There is an MS Knowledge Base article concerning this issue, and it is attached to this KB solution.