Expert Parameter: negative volume option
- how is this parameter defined?
- what is the default setting?
A sector volume is the portion of volume of an element touching a node that is associated with that node for equation assembly. The notification of negative sector volumes highlights the existence of non-convex mesh elements that still have a positive volume.
The following negative volume options are available:
1. Stop if negative element sectors exist
2. Stop only if negative elements exist. If there are negative sector volumes, no changes are made to these negative sector volumes, hoping that the solver will not fail.
3. Stop only if negative elements exist. If there are negative sector volumes, adjust arbitrarily their volume to be positive as Vsector = (1/N)Velement (N number of vertices by element).
The default value is 3. The parameter can be set in the expert Parameters section.