Compiling and Loading UDF's using Fluent R12.0 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition in Serial
Steps for Building Compiled Windows UDFs using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition
1. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition (Refer to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition Installation Guide for installation instructions.)
2. Launch FLUENT from the Start Menu, Programs, ANSYS 12.0, Fluid Dynamics, Fluent.
3. Select Show Additional Options from the Fluent launch GUI.
4. Select the UDF Compiler tab.
5. Ensure that the Setup Compilation Environment for UDF checkbox is checked.
6. Make sure the appropriate path is entered for the udf.bat file located in your Fluent install directory (the default should work if you installed Fluent under the default install directory.)
7. In FLUENT, select Define, User Defined, Functions, Compiled.
8. Select the Add button to select and add your source file from your working directory.
9. Select Build.
10. Once the UDF is Compiled select the Load button.
After you have compiled the UDF the working directory would include a new subdirectory called libudf.
If you compiled the UDF using the 32-bit version of FLUENT there will be an ntx86 subdirectory.
If you compiled the UDF using the 64-bit version of FLUENT there will be a win64 subdirectory.
Troubleshooting (Common Error Messages and Resolutions): Related Solution 2016816